Monday, April 26, 2010

Group Presentations

I thought that both groups did an excellent job presenting today! Of course I was in one of them so I guess my judgment may be a tad skewed. The first groups use of spatial effect to make a truly cool presentation was very fun. I enjoyed having the "chanters" saying various quotes standing around all of us. Sam was closest to me and I believe that she was doing Finnegans Wake lines. The effect made me feel like I do during the day with all those thoughts of various things flying and colliding in my head. Also, I really enjoyed taking a "communion" of the petite madelines and juice. It was an excellent liturgy and really came off as being very audience interactive. Finally, I was really struck by the conclusion where they all left. We all sat there for a little bit wondering what to do and it was wonderful. To be absent for a portion of the presentation was a bold yet successful move.

I don't really have a lot to say about our presentation. I hope that everybody found it pretty entertaining and got some good perspective out of our farcical interpretation of Hamlet's college life. It was great getting some laughs out of people and getting to perform something with a bunch of silly characters who reflect serious questions of duty and such.

The two presentations each did a different thing but each did it wonderfully. The first group did a very artistic and interactive approach to the themes of the class while we took a much more "laid back" and traditional approach. They both worked well!

No comments:

Post a Comment