Sunday, April 18, 2010

Paper Writing Woes

I've been writing my paper for the last two days which has been really painful because the weather outside is gorgeous right now and I think I'm getting carpal tunnel. My wrists have hurt pretty bad after I get done typing. I type a lot at work and then I've been on my home computer quite a bit with minimal carpal tunnel protection. It makes me feel kind of wussy. I have a hard time accepting that a 21 year old male is getting "hurt" from typing on the computer. More evidence of technology aiding in the demasculization of modern man... oh well.

Other than the great weather and "writers wrist" the paper has been coming along... slowly, but assuredly. I've been rolling the organization around in my head for a while trying to figure out how I want to set it up to be most effective. I've finished the frame that will surround the academic portion of the paper and am specifically focused on how to develop the innards. Fortunately/unfortunately the paper appears like it's going to be longer than 13 pages or so. Perhaps around 15-20 which is appropriate for a capstone paper, but, it's so nice outside!

I think I've changed my thesis once again, well, sort of. I'm going to keep the part about gnosticism but include it in a different way than my thesis. Basically, my updated thesis is going to say something like "Nikos Kazantzakis' portrayal of Jesus reexamines what is considered divine and ways to reach the divine". Something like that. It should be good.

I hope to get it done tomorrow or tuesday leaving myself some time on wednesday and thursday to edit it a little and hammer through the revisions. Oh, and if anyone knows any good remedies for carpal tunnel please tell me!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But like a thesis or any other research paper it can be a lengthy and difficult process and many students will require support and help with their capstone writing. homepage

    ReplyDelete